BlazBlue: Phase Shift 2 (ブレイブルーフェーズシフト2 BureiBurū: Fēzu Shifuto Tū) is a light-novel, announced on the 24th of November, 2011 and was released on the 20th of January, 2012.
The novel focuses on Jin Kisaragi/Hakumen around the time of the Great Dark War, it introduces Seven and Eight as two characters and focuses on the exploits of the Six Heroes around the Great Dark War. Phase Shift 2 marks the first canonical appearance of the Event Weapon – Machine God: Nirvana.
“How would you like to become a real hero?”
Jin Kisaragi, in the brink of death, meets one young girl. At that moment, the last gear to truth begins to turn…
Finally, the Black Beast is about to be resurrected. The ones who fight, the ones who protect, and the ones working in the shadows… Many feelings and thoughts are entangled, and the stage of the final battle for mankind’s survival is set.
'The Great Dark War'. The biggest mystery in BlazBlue history that leads to all possible futures. All of its secrets will be revealed here!
The novel has 201 pages split into a prologue and 5 chapters.
- Prologue (プロローグ Purorōgu)
- Chapter 1: A White Blade Flower (第一章 白刃一花 Dai-Isshō: Hakujin Ichi Hana)
- Chapter 2: Theory of the Purple Ones (第二章 紫者ノ説 Dai-Nishō: Murasakisha no Setsu)
- Chapter 3: The Scarlet Guardian Doll (第三章 朱護人形 Dai-Sanshō: Shu Mamoru Ningyō)
- Chapter 4: The Indigo Heart Conception (第四章 藍心想起 Dai-Yonshō: Ai Kokoro Sōki)
- Chapter 5: The Black Beast’s Second Coming (第五章 黒獣再来 Dai-Goshō: Kokujū Sairai)
- BlazBlue: Phase Shift 2 is currently the shortest BlazBlue novel, standing at only 201 pages.
|Game-based||BlazBlue (Calamity Trigger — Part 1 · Calamity Trigger — Part 2 · Continuum Shift — Part 1 · Continuum Shift — Part 2)|
|One-shots||BlazBlue (Spiral Shift – Ice Blade Hero)|
|Phase Shift||BlazBlue (Phase 0 · Phase Shift 1 · Phase Shift 2 · Phase Shift 3 · Phase Shift 4)|
|Bloodedge Experience||BlazBlue (Bloodedge Experience — Part 1 · Bloodedge Experience — Part 2)|